The KU Bicycle Advisory Committee (KUBAC) worked with the Urban Planning 757 Transportation Implementation course during Spring 2016 to develop a bicycle plan for the KU campus. Their final product served as the basis for the KU Bike Plan, which was completed by KUBAC and the Center for Sustainability in Fall 2016.
The plan is designed to address the following goals:
- Enhance the bikeway network linking residential, academic, and recreational destinations on campus and in the community
- Promote a safe, healthy campus environment
- Increase the percentage of bicycle and pedestrian users on campus through the implementation of new policies, programs, and infrastructure
- Improve coordination with the City of Lawrence and create seamless transitions between university and city bike infrastructure and routes
- Create movement uphill by identifying policy, program, and infrastructure solutions that encourage people to overcome the real and perceived barrier of steep routes to campus
The complete plan is available for download here. An executive summary, which includes an overview of the plan and the recommendations section, is also available.