Are you looking for meaningful leadership and team-building experiences while at college? Do you want to play a part in solving environmental issues, fostering economic prosperity, promoting social justice or creating healthy communities? Would you like to leave a lasting positive impact on KU’s campus and surrounding community?… Become a KU Steward!
The KU Stewards Leadership Program is a year-long collaborative learning experience which will equip first-year students with the knowledge, confidence, skills, and wherewithal to become student leaders and change agents for sustainability on campus and beyond.
Participation as a KU Steward involves attending interactive weekly meetings and enrichment activities that will focus on three learning goals:
- Understanding sustainability issues, projects and potential solutions on campus and in the surrounding community.
- Demystifying the complex processes and considerations that go into decision making and policy change at a large institution such as KU.
- Discovering and exercising the key traits of leadership within yourselves!
Topical areas covered through the program will include:
- Waste Management
- Energy and the Built Environment
- Food Systems
- Social Justice
- Navigating Campus Administration
- Facilitating Behavior Change
- Traits of Leadership
Fall meetings will begin the week of September 7th. Please include a copy of your fall class schedule, along with any other regularly scheduled commitments, with your application.
Upon completing the program in spring semester, under the guidance of Center for Sustainability advisors, KU Stewards will have worked as a group to develop, propose and implement a project to further sustainability on campus or in the Lawrence community.
Apply by Friday, August 28, 2015
Questions? Contact the KU Center for Sustainability at email@example.com or 785-864-5398.