Are you looking for meaningful leadership and team-building experiences while at college? Do you want to play a part in solving environmental issues, fostering economic prosperity, promoting social justice or creating healthy communities? Would you like to leave a lasting positive impact on KU’s campus and surrounding community?… Become a KU Steward!
The KU Stewards Leadership Program is a year-long collaborative learning experience which will equip first-year students with the knowledge, confidence, skills, and wherewithal to become student leaders and change agents for sustainability on campus and beyond.
Participation as a KU Steward involves attending interactive weekly meetings and twice monthly enrichment activities that will focus on three learning goals:
- Understanding sustainability issues, projects and potential solutions on campus and in the surrounding community.
- Demystifying the complex processes and considerations that go into decision making and policy change at a large institution such as KU.
- Discovering and exercising the key traits of leadership within yourselves!
Topical areas covered through the program will include:
- Waste Management
- Energy and the Built Environment
- Food Systems
- Social Justice
- Navigating Campus Administration
- Facilitating Behavior Change
- Traits of Leadership
Upon completing the program in spring semester, under the guidance of Center for Sustainability advisors, KU Stewards will work as a group to develop, propose and implement a project to further sustainability on campus or in the Lawrence community.
Application deadline extended! Apply by Wednesday, August 13th
Questions? Contact the KU Center for Sustainability at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-864-5398.