Welcome to Bike KU!
Bike KU is the new, student campus group, which promotes cycling as a means to a healthier, happier world. Bike KU, bike happy. Our goal is to advocate for the benefits of cycling in all its many forms, to educate drivers and cyclists alike to increase safe driving and cycling habits, and spread the love of cycling so that all may enjoy the health benefits and a cleaner world.
2018 Bike Month Events
May 16, 5 PM, Wescoe Beach and McLain’s Market – Faculty/Staff Happy Hour Bike Ride
Join other KU faculty and staff for a casual bike ride when the work day is done. We will start at Wescoe Beach and follow a (mostly) flat 3-mile route west of campus. When we return, continue the fun with refreshments (on your own) at McLain's Market Lawrence, where there will be $3 beer and $5 house cocktails, along with plenty of other delicious options to choose from.
Don't have a bike or don't want to bring yours to campus? We've got you covered! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday morning and we'll have a KU Bike Share bike available for you!
Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1789420547747384/
May 23, 12-1PM, Allen Fieldhouse Parking Garage – Faculty & Staff Ride-N-Learn
Join us for a KU Bike Share Ride-N-Learn! Bike share bicycles will be available free of charge for this event. Personal bikes are welcome too! Meet in front of the Parking & Transit Office at the Allen Fieldhouse Garage. Registration is required. RSVP at http://wellness.ku.edu/move-n-learns. State Employee Health Plan members can earn one HealthQuest credit for participating (up to a maximum of five combined credits for Lunch-N-learns, Walk-N-Learns and webinars hosted by KU Wellness).
Participants have two options:
1) Learn/remember how to ride in a protected environment with help from certified bike instructors.
2) Take a group spin around campus!
If you require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this event, please contact Kim Criner by May 21 at email@example.com.
Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/242124236364749/
Bike Month HealthQuest Opportunity: Pedal Your Way to Health
May is National Bike Month and a great opportunity to bring back the KU Bike Challenge as an avenue to earn HealthQuest credits! Start pedaling your way to a healthier tomorrow by signing up and logging rides now through June:
- Sign up for the KU Bike Challenge using this secure form. This secure information will provide the necessary details to match your activity to your benefits.
- Create an account in Strava, or log in if you already have an account.
- Once in Strava search for “University of Kansas” to find the KU Club. (In the app, click on “Explore” to find the Club.)
- Join the Club and start logging rides. You can log them using the Strava app, entering them manually on the website, or uploading them from other apps or devices.
- Log 5 miles a week for 4 weeks (does not need to be consecutive) during the challenge period and earn 2 HealthQuest credits!